Saturday, January 26, 2013

Acute Pain - NCP Atherosclerosis

Nursing Care Plan for Atherosclerosis

Atherosclerosis is a slow disease in which your arteries become clogged and hardened. Fat, cholesterol, calcium, and other substances form plaque, which builds up in arteries.

Signs and Symptoms:

Many times, people with atherosclerosis don't have any symptoms until an artery is 40% clogged with plaque. Symptoms vary depending upon which arteries are affected.


Nursing Diagnosis for Atherosclerosis : Acute Pain related to an impaired ability of blood vessels to supply oxygen to the tissues.

Goal: reduced pain

Expected outcomes: patient states chest pain disappear, or can be controlled, the patient did not seem grimace, demonstrate relaxation techniques.

Intervention and Rational:

1. Monitor characteristics of pain through verbal and hemodynamic responses (crying, pain, grimacing, can not rest, respiratory rhythm, blood pressure and changes in heat rate).
Rationale: Each patient has a different response to pain, verbal and hemodynamic changes in response to detecting a change in comfort.

2. Assess the description of pain experienced by patients include: place, intensity, duration, quality, and distribution.
Rationale: Pain is a subjective feeling that is experienced and is described by the patient and should be compared with other symptoms to obtain accurate data.

3. Provide a comfortable environment, reduce the activity, limit visitors.
Rationale: Helps reduce external stimuli that can add to the tranquility so patients can rest in peace and the power of the heart is not too hard.

4. Teach relaxation techniques with a sigh
Rationale: Helps relieve pain experienced by patients psychologically which can distract the patient that is not focused on the pain experienced.

5. Observation of vital signs before and after drug administration.
Rationale: Knowing the patient's progress, after being given the drug.

1 comment:

  1. I am 58 years old, and was diagnosed with heart failure over a year ago. My main symptoms was fatigue, shortness of breath, and a general sense that these symptoms will keep me out of normal life activities, my symptom was not being able to breathe when lying down basically . I’ve kind of resigned to the fact that this is how life will be for me back until I found herbs that stop this CHF easily and relief all the airways. My wife and her caregiver assume I can't be as active, and thus I was excused from normal life responsibilities but natural herbs from www. totalcureherbsfoundation. com really helped a but sometimes I think is God prodigy that I was able to treat my congestive heart failure but total cure herbs foundation herbal formula has a big impact on my recovery because my heart condition has been fully eliminate. They do things for me, and was too happy to comply with their service. This is a equitable of a way to get of your heart failure.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog